2015 - 2016 Education Tax Issues
Author: Stuart P Sobel
In this course Stuart will analyze and discuss significant education tax issues.
Designed For: All tax practitioners in public and private practice who need to understand the basics and recent changes in the tax law and procedures.
- Education credits
- Tuition and fees deduction
- Qualified tuition programs
- U.S. savings bonds
- Coverdell Education Savings Account
- Form 1098-T
- Student loans
- Scholarships, fellowships, and tuition reductions
- Other types of educational assistance
- Business-related education expense deductions
- Employer-provided educational assistance
- Understand significant issues affecting education deductions and income.
- Avoid mistakes during the filing season.
NASBA & IRS Field of Study: Taxes
CPE Credit: 2 hours
Program Prerequisites: A basic understanding of tax preparation.
Advance Preparation: None